What’s on your Bucket List? 111 Things to do in a Lifetime
A few days ago, I was surfing online when I came across someone’s bucket list. It quickly inspired me to create my own list and write an article about it at the same time.
What does Bucket List mean?
If you haven’t heard about the term “bucket list”, it is a list of all the goals you want to achieve, dreams you want to fulfill and life experiences you desire to have in a lifetime. It’s a forum to set anything and everything you’ve ever wanted to do, whether it’s big, small or random.
It was made popular from the movie called “The Bucket List” that I recommend to watch it, if you didn’t do yet -where two terminally ill guys (Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, in 2007) meet in a hospital and then set out on an adventure to try and do everything on their lists.
Why create a Bucket List?
If you don’t live your days by personal goals and plans, chances are you spend most of your time caught up in a day to day activities. Ever felt that your days are passing you by without any tangible output to speak of? What did you accomplish in the past 3 months? What are your upcoming goals for the next 3 months? Look at the things you did and the things you’re planning to do next – Do they mean anything to you if you are to die today? Having a bucket list reminds you of what’s really important so you can act on them. A bucket list opens up the context.
It’s just like planning ahead all the highlights you want for YOUR whole life. ? Even though goal setting is already my staple activity, I still found many new things to do while I was writing on my own list. It was an incredibly insightful exercise. What’s more, coming up with my list gave me a whole new layer of enthusiasm knowing what’s in store ahead!
Do you even have a Bucket List? Create one!
If you don’t have a bucket list, I highly recommend you to create one. How much will it cost? Zero. How long will it take? Probably 30 minutes to an hour, or more if you get really caught up in the writing. ? What do you stand to gain? Significant clarity and focus on what you want from your life. It’s an invaluable exchange. ?
If you already have your list, take this opportunity to review it. See if there are new items you want to add on. If so, add them in. Check if all the items listed are still relevant. If not, remove them.
Now, take out your pen and paper or open up a text document. Start writing down what comes to mind.
Come up with as many items as you can. The items should be things you have not done yet. Don’t stop until you finish listing at least 111 things! If you find yourself stuck, chances are you are mentally constraining yourself. Your bucket list is meant to be a list of everything you want to achieve, do, see, feel and experience in your life.
My Bucket List – 111 Things I do in a Lifetime
Here are 111 items to consider for your bucket list. ? Look through my list, is any item that resonates with you? Take the items that resonate with you and use them for your own list!
- Travel all around the world
- Step foot on all 7 Continents: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antartica, Europe, Australia
- Visit China
- Visit Japan
- Visit Bora Bora
- Visit Las Vegas
- Visit Times Square, in New York on New Years Eve
- Visit the Bahamas
- Visit Fiji
- Visit Bali, Indonezia
- Visit Kuala Lumpur
- Visit Dubai
- Visit the Louvre in France
- Visit the Wonders of the World
- Empire State Building
- Panama Canal
- Walk on the Great Wall of China
- Machu Picchu
- Chichen Itza
- Taj Mahal
- Great Pyramid of Giza
- Grand Canyon
- Harbor of Rio de Janeiro
- Mount Everest
- Paricutin Volcano
- Victoria and Iguazu Falls
- Halong Bay
- Amazon Rainforest
- The Statue of David
- The Eiffel Tower
- Niagara Falls
- Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
- Hagia Sophia
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Big Ben
- See the Northern Lights.
- Visit Tenerife Island.
- Visit Lanzarote and Ibiza Island.
- Visit all parts of England.
- Visit the tunnel of love in Ucraine.
- Learn a new language.
- Try a profession in a different field.
- Achieve my ideal weight.
- Run a marathon.
- Go skiing.
- Learn to play golf, archery, squash.
- Go horseback riding.
- Do extreme sports : paragliding, bungee jumping, skydiving.
- Climb a mountain.
- Learn a strategy game.
- Trek the Inca Trail.
- Spend a night in a tree house.
- Go on a girls trip.
- Go on a cruise.
- Travel first class.
- Make a memories album.
- Go to a drive-in outdoor movie.
- Watch the sunrise / sunset at the beach.
- Visit a castle.
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge.
- See the great pyramids. Eg. Egypt.
- Take a photo everyday for a year.
- Drink from a coconut.
- Every month go someplace, you’ve never been before.
- Ride in a helicopter.
- Do yoga, meditation.
- Gain enlightenment.
- Read the entire bible.
- Have a legit picnic.
- Dine in an underwater restaurant.
- Say YES to everything for a day.
- Move to a new city.
- Take a road trip.
- Hug a penguin.
- Have my dream job.
- Spend a week on the beach.
- Go on a vacation by myself.
- Let someone know how much he/she means to me.
- Give a heartfelt surprise to someone.
- Perform a kind deep without expecting anything in return.
- Make a difference in someone’s life – donation.
- Be a mentor to someone.
- Pursue my passion for blogging and photography.
- Have my dream home.
- Create a room I love.
- Have my car.
- Own a successful business.
- Fly in a hot air balloon.
- Fly in a helicopter.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Do volunteer work.
- Befriend a stranger.
- Get a drink or give food for a stranger.
- Walk and dance barefoot in the rain.
- Run barefoot.
- Witness a solar eclipse.
- Plant a tree and watch it grow.
- Get a pet.
- Feed a giraffe.
- Walk across a desert.
- Ride a camel.
- Witness a meteor shower.
- Go trekking in a rainforest.
- Sleep in a hammock.
- Play a new musical instrument : guitar / piano.
- Take up dancing.
- Learn a martial art : aikido, tai chi.
- Fly first class.
- Pack my bags and set off for a random location with no itinerary.
- Protect dolphin and marine life.
- Live in a different country for at least 6 months.
- Go deep into the heart of Mother Nature.
- Buy random plane tickets to go somewhere.
- Road trip with a paper map.
- Publish a book /ebook.
- Achieve 10,000 subscribers at my blog.
- Achieve 1 million page views/months at my blog.
- Achieve 20,000 subscribers at Instagram.
- Contact a company you like just to thank you them for their great product/ service.
- Be a vegetarian.
- Then, I wanna try raw veganism.
- Tell at least 10 people about your bucket list and encourage them to join you.
- Go on a meditation retreats.
- Start a movement on a cause you believe it.
- Forgive people whom you had conflicts with in the past.
- Get closure on my past unhappiness.
- Organize a picnic outing.
- Do something completely crazy and out of character.
- Visit a vulcano.
- Fall in love.
- Go on a romantic gateway.
- Be FREE, be ZEN.
I’d love to hear what’s YOUR BUCKET LIST. Please feel free to leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
I hope this inspires you to go out and take an adventure of your own, and if you have any questions about my list, don’t hesitate to let me know! 🙂
Have an inspiring day! 😉